Far from the Cold!

Far from the Cold!
This is our disney!

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Tooth Fairy Came

My youtube experience isn't lengthy, but I've been here before-even shown a few in class to look cool and hip and to speed up some processes like thigmotropism and phototropism-much more interesting at that speed! So the site is neat (and like most of the stuff on the internet-it sucks you in and you are lost inside your computer for hours). Why is this streaming thing so popular? Convenience? Cheap? Easy (if your connection can handle it)? I like it because some scientific concepts are expensive to conduct, take too long to conduct, fail easily, are too dangerous, or occur during a time in a semester where I'm too busy to think about finding the equipment located throughout the department. I use youtube on my class portal as well-and I'm trying to decide if this is "legal"??? Or am I heading to internet jail-I'm sure I'll see some other fellow travellers there too. I guess I need to search for that "PPR" next time-great, more time wasting adventures!

So here is the video I've found for your enjoyment. The tooth fairy made her first visit at our home yesterday, at 8 months of age this is a free visit of course and this video is something that I'm sure will be played out in our home soon too. It's cute, it's a bit painful, and it's reality, Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. A very cute video - more testament to the power of YouTube when you see the number of views - and the number of people who took the time to comment - over 300 000 when I last looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um -- the tooth fairy doesn't come to our house until the kid LOSES a tooth. Are we getting ripped off here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole finger-biting incident reminds me of Sound of Music - where Greta got her finger caught in Frederick's teeth! Yikes! I obviously watched that video too many times as a child!

    I totally hear you on the YouTube use to support work in the classroom that is overly labour intensive, expensive or dangerous. While that is the kind of stuff that kids eat up and makes you a classroom hero, it's also too much on the budget (both time and monetary) to make it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete