Far from the Cold!

Far from the Cold!
This is our disney!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Alright-are those hyperlinks annoying or what? I can't focus-(we've seen this in an earlier post), and I can't stay on focus on these blog postings. I feel like I'm in one of those "choose-your-own-adventure" novels that I used to enjoy reading in grade five. I keep clicking on the hyperlinks, read a bit, and click on another link, and keep moving further and further into the great wide web. A crazy, usually waste of time, clicking adventure-at the end time has moved on, but my listed of things to accomplish today hasn't decreased at all! Hypertext for the students is probably as distracting for them as that annoying kid tapping their pencil on the desk during a lesson is for me! But maybe this multitasking generation can handle it-I can't, and I am woman enough to admit it! I can see how the hyperlinks can enhance the teaching experience as well as the learning experience by having everything in a seemingly compact area-making it look like there isn't much to learn-tricking students is fun! But again-distraction, distraction, distraction is all I can say for myself!!! I find typing these blogs takes long enough, searching for an appropriate hyperlink too is time consuming and then dealing with losing my wireless internet connection every few minutes is getting more frustrating by the minute!!!! It's friday night, one kid has a cold, the other is teething (I hope), both are cranky and thankfully in bed, which is where I'm off too-once the internet connection works and I can post this blog!!!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree on the "choose-your-own-adventure" thing. You got it exactly! I spin out in so many directions on hyperlinks that I never quite find my way back/out/through the maze.

    ReplyDelete