Just got back three days ago from a great trip to Disney, had a great time with the kids. Lots of sun and a lack of people at the parks made the trip that much more fun. Next time though I'd like to do my dream vacation of a backpacking hike on a deserted island somewhere in the tropics-without the kids of course!
Travels in E-ducation-this is an opportunity for me to do something constructive during my maternity leave-it beats changing diapers, mopping up spit and playing cars on a floor mat! This is MY time to "chat" with adults!!!! Thanks for the opportunity!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ugh -- my wife has already dropped the hint (several times now) that a trip to Disney looms for us.
ReplyDeleteSince it is well nigh inevitable, what age do you suggest the youngest in the family should be (at a minimum) such that the trip is not completely wasted on him/her? Right now my two are 7 and 4 and I think the boy is still too young.
Your thoughts?
We took a 3.5 yr old and a 6month old. I don't know if the older one will remember the experience in a few yrs but he was able to go on most rides and he enjoyed them-some more than his 11 yr old cousin! We had the chance to go off season-something we'll never be able to do again-until I retire! So for us it worked out well-but we'll probably have to go again when the kids are older.
ReplyDeleteHaven't been there yet - but I know the pictures are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI L.O.V.E. Disney!! My daughter loves everything Disney, I think I should have stocks in the company. We took her this past summer...she was 2.5 at the time...and it was absolute magic! My husband had never been...and he was in tears almost every day from the reactions my daughter had, to the parades, and everything in between. In the heat of the August sun, he tried to joke that it was his eyeballs sweating, LOL! We had several people tell us we were crazy for taking her at such a young age, that she wouldn't remember it...but she still talks about it and frankly, I went twice as a kid and I don't remember everything...the second trip was at 18! So I say go...no matter the age, the magic is there and they will enjoy different things at different ages. Just my opinion!
ReplyDelete